Sheldon Chumir - Calgary Sexual Assault Response Team
- Sheldon Chumir
- Persons 14+ years of age who have been sexually assaulted within the past 4 days
- 1213 4 St SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0X7, Canada
- Calgary, Alberta
Registered nurses, doctors and crisis counsellors offer medical treatment, emotional support and education about options for care and reporting for people who have been sexually assaulted in the past 4 days (96 hours).
- medical treatment with no police involvement
- medical treatment with police involvement and collection of a sexual assault exam kit
- medical treatment with no police involvement and collection of a sexual assault exam kit and 1 year to decide if you want to report to the police
Medical care includes treating or preventing sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy and other health concerns, follow-up testing and referrals to other health care services.
A crisis counsellor from Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA) can provide support, give you information about common reactions to sexual assault and recovery, and support you, your family, friends or loved ones immediate and ongoing emotional needs.