Manitoba Housing - Social Housing Rental Program (SHRP)
- Persons with a low income
- 352 Donald St, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2H7, Canada
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Social Housing Rental Program (SHRP) is the primary and largest program delivered by Manitoba Housing. The program provides low-income Manitobans in the greatest need with subsidized housing. Manitoba Housing provides a range of quality housing such as apartments, townhouses, duplexes and houses for individuals, families and seniors.
What are the benefits?
The Social Housing Rental Program provides:
- Access to shelter for low income households in core housing need ( adequate, affordable and suitable housing)
- A subsidy that is the difference between the market rent for unit and the rent the tenant pays. The rent a tenant pays is based on a percentage of total gross household income. This is commonly referred to as Rent-Geared-To-Income (RGI).
- A rent based on a percentage of income that does not exceed the affordability benchmark set by CMHC.
- Supports to achieve a successful tenancy and transition to alternate housing options when appropriate.