BC Housing - Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Families with a low income
- British Columbia
The Rental Assistance Program provides eligible low-income working families with cash assistance to help with their monthly rent payments.
To qualify, families must have a gross household income of $40,000 or less, have at least one dependent child, and have been employed at some point over the last year.
You will not be eligible if:
- You or your family receive income assistance
- Your annual gross household income is over $40,000
- You have more than $100,000 in assets
- You live in subsidized housing
- You live in co-operative housing and are a shareholder
- You or a member of your family do not meet the residency requirements or came to Canada under a private sponsorship agreement that is still in force
- You share a kitchen and/or bathroom with the homeowner/landlord