St. Joseph's General Hospital - Emergency Services
- 5241 43 St, Vegreville, AB T9C 1C6, Canada
- Vegreville, Alberta
Emergency departments help you with your emergency health needs anytime day or night. They provide care for patients with major trauma, cardiac events, injuries, and general medical problems.
If you have an emergency, call 911.
- take care of people that are very sick or injured on a priority basis. This means the sickest people are seen first. If you go to an emergency department for care that isn't urgent, you will not likely be seen right away.
- provide medical care, which includes assessment and treatment
- stabilize people and get them ready to transport to a higher level of care facility (if needed)
- provide follow-up care including referrals to a family doctor or specialist (if needed)