Fraser Health - Abbotsford - START Team
- Archway Community Services
- Children and teens (6-18) who are in acute mental health crisis
- 32555 Simon Ave, Abbotsford, BC V2T 4Y2, Canada
- Abbotsford, British Columbia
The START Team provides assessment and intervention services for children and youth (6-18) experiencing a mental health crisis and living in the Fraser Health region. A mental health crisis does not necessarily require attending the hospital emergency department. Children and youth in crisis often can be effectively supported in the community.
Our services are focused on the individual needs of the young person and are family centred. When you first call START, you can expect to be asked questions about your concerns to determine whether START can help. Our services may include:
- An in-person mental health and safety assessment within 24-48 hours if appropriate
- Brief treatment that could include individual therapy, group sessions and/or further assessment by a psychiatrist
- Referral and transition to longer-term community services as required.
- Family Support
Call: (604) 557-2095 or toll-free: 1-844-782-7811