NOW Canada - Alexandra Gardner Women and Children Safe Centre (AG House) Emergency Shelter
- NOW Canada Society
- Women and children who are homeless
- 2970 Tutt St, Kelowna, BC V1Y 4Y7, Canada
- Kelowna, British Columbia
The Alexandra Gardner Women and Children Safe Centre (or AG House as it is fondly known) is Kelowna’s only 24/7 homeless shelter for women, youth and children. It is a low-barrier meaning people who are active in their addiction can access however, they are not permitted to use while in the shelter.
The shelter’s services are free and include:
- a 30 day stay for those who are homeless
- a warm, clean and safe non-judgmental environment
- three nutritious meals a day
- 24 hour on-site support
- individualized case planning (e.g. assistance in finding housing, employment, accessing medical treatment, referrals to alcohol/drug treatment programs)
- laundry facilities
- referrals to NOW Canada programs and other community services
NOW partners with Kelowna Gospel Mission to provide additional ‘overflow’ beds to accommodate clients who are unable to get a bed at the AG House. As well, we put down mats in the winter which offers additional shelter at the coldest time of the year.
Contact: 12507632262 or firstname.lastname@example.org