Youth Ottawa - Teaching Pride
- Mon-Fri 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 123 Slater Street, 6Th Floor Ottawa, ON K1P 5H2
- Ottawa, Ontario
Rainbow Bridges is an experiential, for-youth-by-youth project where high school students involved with GSAs innovate ways to make their schools safer and more inclusive to provide welcoming school transition activities for middle school 2SLGBTQ students entering high school.
The primary objectives of this program are:
- To engage students in re-envisioning transitions for 2SLGBTQ+ students into high school, in order to provide more equitable and inclusive support for students in elementary sites. As a result, increase student well-being in particular for 2SLGBTQ+ students and in general for all students.
- To create professional learning and networking opportunities for teachers embedded within families of schools and with students.
- To provide an opportunity to support students leading and learning, and leveraging the power of high school students to be impact makers for elementary students and demonstrate the care that they have for their community.
Contact: 16138987887 or email@example.com